(in no particular order so don’t email me and tell me that you should be number 1)
1. Fuzzco – Charleston
2. OrangeCoat – Greenville
3. Blue Ion – Charleston
4. Metatation – Charleston
5. Brains on Fire – Greenville
6. Scully Group – Asheville
7. Fuel Interactive – Myrtle Beach
8. Web Station – Charlotte
9. Period Three – Columbia
10. Josh Skidmore – Charleston
11. Perrin Hall Brunson – Columbia
12. True Matter – Columbia
1. always own your domains
– you may always move your domain to any host and work with any company at any time.
– there will be strings attached to your web developer or hosting company.
2. consider very economical solution options before employing a developer/consultant
– get a free typepad or wordpress website.
– consider doing it yourself with help from your kids or someone elses
– yahoo small biz hosting, google sites, godaddy shared hosting – site builder.
3. there is no “make money now” button and you will get out of it what efforts are put into it.
– adding more content, making the site valid, and accessable via search engines doesn’t happen overnight
– you or your agency will have to devise and implement methods to drive traffic to your website.
4. there is no one size fits all and prefab solutions are not the way to go for 90% of you.
5. make sure that you developer is accessible and accountable to support your website
6. know what your hosting arrangements are and consider getting your own hosting
7. use existing dependable solutions for email. (ie.. google apps) for your domain.
8. fancy is not always better – consider usability and simplicity
9. keep all of digital assets and marketing materials in one place.
10. use dependable content management solutions that can be upgraded
worth a mention
1. sciway.net – almost as much traffic as major newspapers on a good day.. a value for effective online ads.
3. swampfox.ws – one of the most impressive and coordiated marketing and communications websites around.
if you can give me some compelling reasons to change any of this info.. please email me.